TRiO Programs are designed to encourage students to enroll in college and successfully complete degree programs. These programs are geared to serve students from the 6th grade and older at no charge to participants.
TRIO/SSS program staff promote the success of 180 college students by providing:
- Personal, academic, and financial aid counseling.
- Appropriate course selection.
- One-on-one professional and peer tutoring.
- Mentoring program.
- Financial aid application (FAFSA) completion.
- Scholarship searches and scholarship application assistance.
- Transfer counseling and transfer admissions assistance.
- Campus visits to various Midwest colleges and universities.
- Cultural activities and events.
- Informational workshop for study skills and time-management.
- Career exploration and planning.
Our goal is to help our students complete their associate degree and successfully transfer to a 4-year college/university.
To be accepted into TRIO/SSS, you must meet at least one the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student.
- Meet federal income guidelines.
- Have a documented disability.
- Must be a US citizen or have a permanent resident card.