Complete the following checklist before classes start.
Keep up-to-date on (www2.witcc.edu/register/important-dates/) important academic dates (www2.witcc.edu/register/important-dates/).
8+ Weeks Before Classes Start
Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Start early; the process takes 6-8 weeks. The WITCC Federal Student Code is 004590. Watch for an email from email@example.com. Additional information may be needed. Use our helpful guide (www2.witcc.edu/financial-aid/applying-for-financial-aid/) to walk you through the process.
ICAN provides student assistance to complete the FAFSA, contact:
Succeed in Education. In Career. In Life.
877.272.4692 Ext. 4211
Several programs require additional steps before you can be admitted into the program. Double-check the requirements for your program.
Send your official high school or college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting applications for student housing. (www2.witcc.edu/housing/housing-application/)
4 Weeks Before
View your schedule, classes, financial aid, student email, and more. Your MyWIT login credentials and student ID number can also be found in your college acceptance letter.
- domain/user name: wit + student ID number + @witcc (wit0123456@witcc)
- default password: first initial capitalized + last initial lowercase + birthdate in eight-digit format + witcc (Flmmddyyyywitcc)
- You will be prompted for additional security verification. Select your preferred method of contact and country. Enter the code you receive to complete verification.
MyWIT email is the primary way the college communicates with you. Online students have email accounts in MyWIT and Canvas, check both.
- my.witcc.edu > Student Email
- email address: email address: email@example.com
- email password: first initial capitalized + last initial lowercase + birthdate in eight-digit format + witcc (Flmmddyyyywitcc)
- You will be prompted for additional security verification, please follow the onscreen prompts to enter the necessary information.
- my.witcc.edu > Class Schedule
- Select the term you wish to view.
- Click on the schedule.
- Can't find the Class Schedule card? Click on the Discover More button for more options.
Activate Account on MyWIT
Renew or activate your (www2.witcc.edu/semester-prep/books) Cengage Unlimited account to access your digital materials.
Cengage Unlimited Assistance
We have several ways to assist you in activating or renewing your Cengage Account.
CLC - Comet Learning Center
Sioux City campus library
Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm
No appointment necessary
Denison and Cherokee
See front desk
After Hours Help
Email Mike Cagley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number and issue you are experiencing. Mike will get back to you as soon as possible.
Cengage Tech Support
Cengage Unlimited tech support (https://www.cengage.com/coursepages/CUI_TechSupport) answers most frequently asked questions.
Online orientation is called "Exploring the Comet Universe". This class provides important information and helpful tips for a successful school year. Orientation is a free, non-credit, non-graded course.
Once you have completed your FAFSA application, you may be selected for verification. That means additional information is needed in order to process your application.
- my.witcc.edu > Finances > Required Documents.
- Follow the instructions for supplying the documents needed.
Pay your tuition bill online, in-person, over the phone, or by mail. Online payments and payment plans can be made on MyWIT.
- my.witcc.edu > Finances > Make Payment or Set Up Payment Plan.
1 Week Before
WITCC student IDs are available on MyWIT. Go to the WITCC ID card. Use your digital ID for laptops, student center, library, Overlook cafe, and more.
Laptops are available for pick-up starting May 16 for Summer classes and August 16 for Fall classes.. You will need your student ID located on MyWIT to pick up your laptop.
Sioux City - Pick up in Room A230. Take your laptop to the Comet Learning Center (CLC) located in the library to have your laptop set up and downloaded with the correct programs.
Cherokee and Denison - Contact the front desk for an appointment.
You may need both physical textbooks and digital materials for class.
- my.witcc.edu > Books
- Select the term you wish to view.
- Hard copy books will say "Available Through Bookstore." Visit the bookstore to purchase or rent materials. (https://bookstore.witcc.edu)
- Digital books will say "Cengage Unlimited", "Open Educational Resources", "Lumen Learning", or "My Lab." Renew or activate your Cengage Unlimited account (www2.witcc.edu/semester-prep/books) to access your digital materials.
- Can't find the Books card? Click on the Discover More button for more options.
First Day of Class
Online classes are available through Canvas. You will be able to open and view your online class and digital books the first day of class.
- my.witcc.edu > Canvas
- View the "Canvas Overview for Students" video
A Few More Things
At this time, face masks are highly recommended for students, employees, and visitors. As information regarding COVID-19 changes regularly, please check the COVID-19 Guidelines (www2.witcc.edu/covid19/) page for updates.
Our students have full, busy lives which often comes with challenges and unexpected problems. These roadblocks don’t have to get in the way of your education. Whatever comes your way, we’ve got you covered. WITCC has a free health clinic (www2.witcc.edu/student-support/health-clinic/), food pantry (www2.witcc.edu/student-support/food-pantry/), counseling (www2.witcc.edu/student-support/), tutoring (www2.witcc.edu/student-support/tutoring/), career services (www2.witcc.edu/career-services/), mother's room, and more (www2.witcc.edu/student-support/) to keep you moving forward during the school year.