The TRIO/SSS program is designed to assist low-income, first-generation, and students with disabilities with completing their Associate degree at WITCC and successfully transfer to a four-year college or university. We create a welcoming, supportive environment that helps and inspires students to reach their fullest potential and successfully graduate college. We build relationships with students and maintain strong partnerships with campus and community resources.
The TRIO/SSS program provides an abundance of services to help students be successful:
- Academic advising and selecting appropriate courses
- Campus visits to four-year schools and universities
- Career exploration and preparation (mock interviews, resume building, etc.)
- Community cultural activities and events
- Financial aid application (FAFSA) assistance
- Informational workshops (transfer counseling, financial literacy, etc.)
- Mentoring program for leadership development
- One-on-one professional and peer tutoring
- Personal, academic, and financial aid counseling
- Scholarship searches and scholarship application assistance
- Transfer counseling and transfer admissions assistance
To be accepted into TRIO/SSS, you must be a US citizen or have a permanent resident card and meet at least one the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student.
- Meet federal income guidelines.
- Have a documented disability.