Welcome to WITCC Intermediary Network
Activities focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), critical infrastructure, commercial and residential construction, advanced manufacturing, bioscience, and information technology careers. However, all sixteen career clusters can be explored. The Intermediary Network provides diverse experiences students can use to evaluate choices and reach better-informed decisions. Experiences can explore multiple career pathways or perspectives on a single industry. Not sure if you want a degree in engineering or work in construction? Not a problem. By working with schools and industry, IIN coordinators will help you explore what a career in each would be like.
What is WITCC Intermediary Network?
WITCC WIN is part of a statewide work-based learning intermediary network. It connects students, educators, and business through relevant, work-based learning activities that foster deeper knowledge and understanding of career clusters, careers and career pathways.
This is accomplished through job shadows, worksite tours, student internships, educator externships, and other work-based activities. Career exploration activities encompass all sixteen career clusters.
Benefits of Work-Based Learning
Benefits to Students
- Develop career paths based on choice not chance
- Learn from employers what they are looking for in employees
- Discover good paying careers in Western Iowa
- Make well informed post-secondary educational and career decisions
Benefits to Educators
- Opportunity for hands-on learning
- Tour worksite businesses and industries in Western Iowa
- Enhance understanding of business and industry
- Network opportunities with businesses and other educators
Benefits to Businesses
- Make connections count
- Showcase and promote business
- Educate future workforce on career opportunities
- Discuss desired employability skills