The Cherokee branch campus serves students in Cherokee and Plymouth counties and offers face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes. The branch campus offers a personalized educational experience, one-on-one assistance, and student support services. Cherokee has Nursing and Welding on-site and the ability to support enrollment in hybrid and online programs. Students can enroll in almost any WITCC program at Cherokee, taking a few select classes at the Sioux City campus.
Many WITCC programs can be completed through a combination of in-person classes in Cherokee, Sioux City, and online. View the programs that are available to Cherokee students. To register for any of these programs, contact the Cherokee Campus.
Earn a few extra credits over winter break by taking an online class. Winter classes are scheduled for December 22 - January 23. Check out important academic and financial aid dates for the semester.
Register for Classes
Current WITCC students can sign up for winter classes by booking a registration appointment with an advisor below. If you are a student visiting from another college, you will first need to complete our guest application and then book a registration appointment.
Registration for spring semester is now open. Online classes start January 10. Face-to-face classes start January 13. Check out important academic and financial aid dates for the semester.
Register for Classes
If you have not applied to the college, your first step is completing the free online application. You will need to create an account. If you have already applied to the college, make a registration appointment with your advisor.
The Cherokee campus has high-tech classrooms for hands-on learning and provides the technology required for students to be successful:
- MacBooks downloaded with curriculum-specific software for each student
- Technology training for students unfamiliar with laptops
- Hybrid and zoom classes for distance learning
- Video presence classrooms
- Science, nursing, and welding labs with industry-standard equipment
- Downloadable eBooks to lower costs of books
- Free WiFi
- MiFi devices for students with limited internet access
Cherokee students have immediate access to support services on campus and can easily connect to additional services and events via zoom.
- Disability services
- Food pantry
- Academic advising
- Career services
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistive technology - Kurzweil Reader Software
- ALEKS preparation and testing
- Student activities
- Resource room and study spaces
Mental Health Counseling
WITCC is pleased to provide face-to-face counseling services for Cherokee students. We have contracted Royster and Royster Counseling Services to offer free therapy sessions available in-person, via Zoom, or over the phone.
- High School Diploma (HSED)
- English Language Learner (ELL)
- TRIO Talent Search
- TRIO Student Support Services
Cherokee County Promise
The Cherokee County Promise provides free college courses to Cherokee county residents at the WITCC Cherokee branch campus. The Cherokee County Promise covers the cost of tuition and fees after financial aid has been applied.
- Residents of Cherokee County enrolled in traditional or online classes through the Cherokee campus.
- Students currently enrolled in classes at WITCC in Cherokee.
- Participants will be required to sign a commitment letter indicating their intent to work and live in Cherokee County for three years post-graduation.
A Leadership Committee made of Cherokee business leaders worked closely with WITCC to raise donations for the Cherokee County Promise. Leadership Committee members include:
- Dr. Terry Murrell (WITCC President)
- Dr. Darla Struck (Director of Cherokee Campus and Northern Services)
- Joan Ballantyne (Committee Co-Chair)
- Joe Lundsgaard (Committee Co-Chair)
- Curt Johnson (President, Cherokee State Bank)
- Gary Jordan (President/CEO, Cherokee Regional Medical Center)
- Steve Thomas (President, RJ Thomas Manufacturing)
- Brenda Perrin (President, Screen Builders)
If you would like to support the Cherokee County Promise, contact:
Schedule a tour of campus or talk with an enrollment specialist.
Meet the Cherokee Team
Monday - Thursday 8am - 7pm
Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Food Pantry Hours
Monday - Thursday, 9am - 6pm
Friday 9am - 3:30pm