WITCC courses use a combination of physical textbooks/tools and digital materials. To access digital materials, renew or activate your Cengage Unlimited account before classes start. Physical textbooks and materials can be purchased or rented through the WITCC Bookstore.
WITCC partners with the textbook publisher Cengage for course digital textbooks. Students are automatically provided with a subscription and no additional purchase is required. Digital books are available on the first day of class. Before classes start, create or renew your account. Returning students need to renew their account each school year.
Renew or create your Cengage Unlimited account in the online orientation course, Exploring the Comet Universe, available in Canvas.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers and enable pop-ups.
- Log in to MyWIT at my.witcc.edu.
- MyWIT > Canvas > Exploring the Comet Universe > Click Here to Activate Your Cengage Unlimited Subscription > Load Cengage Unlimited student dashboard in a new window
- Sign in with your existing account or click on Create Account at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are creating a new account, fill in your information and choose the student account type. You must use your MyWIT student email.
- Go to your MyWIT email account to verify your account. Use the same device and browser as when you created your account.
- Set your password. You will see Cengage Unlimited access confirmation.
- After logging on or completing registration, you will land on your dashboard.
- If at any point you are prompted to add or purchase an access code, do not do it.
Digital books are available on the first day of class. On the first day of class, log onto MyWIT, select the Canvas card, and click on your class. Your Cengage course materials will be accessible in Canvas. If your course is not using a Cengage textbook, you can still access your Cengage Unlimited dashboard.
Canvas Digital Books
Canvas is the delivery method used for online orientation and online courses. Some digital books are embedded in your online course. You will be able to open and access your online classes and embedded textbooks on the first day of class.
- Log in to MyWIT
- Select the Canvas card
- Select your course
Your instructor will provide you with instructions on obtaining your digital books through Canvas. Check your student email for more information.
To buy your books online, go to bookstore.witcc.edu.
- Click Buy Your Books on the left-hand column.
- Read the bookstore return policies and click the green button to continue.
- Under Search by Course, click on the arrow drop-down menu and select the term.
- Enter the department, course number, and section number (Note - The section number menu shows the range of section numbers [example: 501 – 599] instead of specific section numbers).
- When all courses have been selected, click 'View Your Materials' to view book list.
- o Refer to the Publisher section. If “Cengage” is listed, this is a digital book available through Cengage Unlimited on the first day of class. Follow the directions above for creating or renewing your Cengage Unlimited account before the first day of class. If “No Text Required” is listed, this is a digital book available through your online course shell. You will be able to access this book on the first day of class. Even if a cost is listed, you do not need to pay for the book. If any other publisher is listed, you will need to continue purchasing your book.
- Select new or used option
- Select purchase or rent
- Click Add to Cart and Continue Checkout
- Select your order update preference should alternative course materials be needed.
- First time purchasers click Register Here and create an account.
- Returning users sign in to your account.
- Enter/review billing address.
- Select shipping address or pick-up options.
- Select your payment type. To use financial aid, your financial aid package must be fully processed.
- Click Submit Order.
- You will receive an email when your books have shipped.