Associate of Science
The Associate of Science Chemistry Transfer Major prepares graduates to transfer to a 4-year program in chemistry, other science or preprofessional health-related programs.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Students upon graduation with an AS degree in Chemistry from WITCC will have demonstrated that they:
- Know and are able to apply current scientific principles and theories.
- Follow and modify (as necessary) protocols to carry out chemical experiments, record, and analyze the results.
- Use modern instrumentation and classical techniques to perform experiments and properly record the results of their experiments.
- Solve chemical problems applying critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Practice proper procedures and safe handling of chemicals.
- Are able to discuss ethical, historical, and environmental issues that affect work in the field of chemistry.
Meet Your Advisor
Transfer to a Four-Year School
If a bachelor's degree is your educational goal, getting a head start on your major has never been easier. You can apply the credits from this associate degree toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year college and university. To make the most of your time and money, tell your advisor about your transfer plans early in the admissions process.
Four-Year College Agreements
People with these jobs develop and process chemicals, conduct laboratory tests, and invent new ways to use materials.
- Natural Sciences Managers
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Chemical Engineers
- Biochemical Engineers
- Food Scientists and Technologists
- Soil and Plant Scientists
- Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Materials Scientists
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Chemical Technicians
- Geological Sample Test Technicians
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Chemistry Teachers, Postsecondary
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Museum Technicians and Conservators