Eastern Iowa Community College
Iowa Lakes Community College
North Iowa Area Community College
Northwest Iowa Community College
Southeastern Community College
Southwestern Community College.
The Testing Center is a monitored, quiet and secure space for public and student testing.
Testing Centers are located at the Sioux City, Cherokee and Denison campuses. To use the Testing Center, please contact the specific location.
- Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to test-taking time in order to allow for seating and allow for enough time to take the exam. Students may be asked to sign an acknowledgement if they choose to begin a test with less than the allotted time to complete the exam.
- All exams are collected 5 minutes prior to Test Center closing time, regardless of whether the exam is complete.
- Instructors must provide exams to the Testing Center.
- Testers must present a photo id to the test administrator in order to test. Otherwise, an instructor's verification of identity is needed.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Books, coats, backpacks, and other personal items must be stored in a test center locker.
- Cell phones must be powered down prior to being stored in a locker.
- All food, drink, and tobacco are prohibited in the testing room.
- Allowable materials in the testing room are those authorized by the instructor or test service.
- Talking must be reserved for outside the testing room. The testing room must be quiet at all times.
- Once a test is distributed, it will be considered complete upon its return to the test administrator.
- All scratch paper must be turned in to Testing Center staff.
Fully-online and out-of-town commuter students are permitted and encouraged to contact the Testing Center in advance to schedule an appointment for testing, as availability of open testing seats cannot be guaranteed on a walk-in basis.
If you have been directed by a WITCC Advisor to take the ALEKS math assessment, and you are unable to travel to WITCC to take your ALEKS Math assessment, you may arrange to have it taken in a location closer to you. In order to do this, you must complete the following:
- A complete application is required to Western Iowa Tech Community College before you may test.
- Not all students are required to take the ALEKS assessment. Only students referred by a WITCC Advisor are approved to take the ALEKS math assessment. Visit with a WITCC Advisor if you believe you should be referred to the Testing Center to take the ALEKS assessment. You will be provided with a referral card that you must present to the WITCC Test Center staff prior to taking the assessment.
- Arrange to have your assessment supervised by an appropriate proctor. This person must meet the following criteria and agree to serve your examination. Most officials are willing to supervise examinations without a charge as a service to students in their area. Any examination fee, however, is your responsibility.
- Administrators of accredited post-secondary degree-granting institutions
- School superintendents or elementary or secondary school principals or guidance counselors in an educational setting
- Directors of public, school or college libraries
- For military personnel, an education officer or commanding officer
- Directors of educational services at correctional facilities
- The independent study office of any member institution of the University Continuing Education Association
- For those outside the US, a proctor whose position is equivalent to one of those listed above or an administrative official of a US Embassy or Consulate
- Fill out the form below. WITCC will then contact your proctor to verify information.
- You will need to schedule a time to test with your proctor.
- Allow at least one week between the time you find your proctor and submit the form until you schedule the test for all the paperwork to be complete and your proctor verified.
Thank you for choosing to take your CLEP exam through Testing Center at WITCC. The following is some important information about your upcoming testing of which you need to be aware, especially since some of it requires action by you ahead of your test appointment. If you have questions about this information, please contact our office.
All examinees must go to the CLEP website, establish "My Account," and register to take a specific CLEP exam. This process includes paying the test fee. You MUST print out your Registration Ticket and bring it with you to your test appointment.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to clep.collegeboard.org, then click "CLEP for Test Takers"
- Under "Next Steps," go to "register to take an exam"
- Follow the prompts to set up your account, and to actually register to take a specific exam, and pay the test fee
- Once you have created your account and registered and paid for your test, please call the WITCC Test Center to schedule for the exam at 712.274.6443
- You can set up your account as a separate procedure and come back later to register to take a CLEP test
- You must register with CLEP listing your name EXACTLY as it appears on the photo id you will be showing when you arrive for your test.
- Setting up your account does not take that much time (maybe 5-10 minutes); however, the process to register to take a CLEP exam can be fairly lengthy, so be sure you have at least 15-20 minutes to complete the process
- When you register, you must select a specific CLEP test that you wish to take and pay for (be especially careful to choose the correct test). If you change your mind and want to take a different exam, you need to go back and get a credit for the first test, and pay for the new one. The test that is listed on your Registration Ticket when you come to take the exam is the one that we must give you; we cannot change the exam at the test center.
- Again, you MUST have a Registration Ticket when you come to take your exam - no ticket, no test.
- You must present one form of ID: Government issued photo id bearing your name, signature, recognizable photo (examples: Driver's license, passport)
- You must pay the $20 administration fee to WITCC at the cashier. The cashier is located in Admissions. Admissions is located to the right when you enter in Entrance 1. You will be given a receipt, which you will bring with you to the Test Center.
- You must have your registration ticket voucher from CLEP. You will print this upon registering and paying for the CLEP exam on CLEP's website.
- For all tests except College Composition, you will receive an unofficial score report when you complete the exam. For College Composition, CLEP will score the two essays, and notify you via email when the scores are available on the My Account Registration Portal. You will log in to CLEP using the same information as you registered to take the exam.
- CLEP policy is that you cannot repeat the same test title within six months.
- Upon successful completion of the CLEP test, you will need to take the printout given to you at the Testing Center to Admissions to be added to your WITCC transcript. There is a charge of $5 per credit to be added to your transcript.
Dantes test fees are paid directly to Dantes at the time of the test. This must be paid by debit card or credit card. There is an additional $20 administrative fee payable to WITCC at the time of the test. There is a charge of $5 per credit to be added to your transcript.
Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm
|Title||Min. Score||Credits||WITCC Equivalent Course|
|SF, SG 424||Fundamentals of College Algebra||47||4||MAT 1100||College Algebra|
|SE 450||Principles of Statistics||48||4||MAT 2105||Statistics|
|SE 489||Foundations of Education||46||3||EDU 1100||Foundations of American Education|
|SE 461||Art of the Western World||48||3||ART 1100||Art Appreciation|
|SE 470||Human/Cultural Geography||48||3||GEO 1100||World Regional Geography|
|SF 490||Lifespan Developmental Psychology||46||3||PSY 1101||Developmental Psychology|
|SF 494||General Anthropology||47||3||ANT 1101||Cultural Anthropology|
|SF 497||Introduction to Law Enforcement||48||3||PSC 1230||Introduction to Police Science|
|SF 498||Criminal Justice||49||3||PSC 1231||Constitutional Law|
|SF 500||Astronomy||48||3||AST 1100||Introduction to Astronomy|
|SE 508||Here's to Your Health||48||3||HPE 1105||Healthful Living|
|SF, SC 511||Environment & Humanity: The Race to Save the Planet||46||4||BIO 1105||Environmental Biology|
|SF 519||Physical Geology||46||3||GEL 1115||Physical Geology|
|SF 524||Principles of Finance||47||3||BUS 2101||Business Finance|
|SF 530||Personnel/Human Resource Management||48||3||BUS 2160||Human Resource Management|
|SF, SE 532||Principles of Supervision||46||3||BUS 1110||Supervision|
|SE 534||Business Law II||52||3||BUS 1165||Business Law II|
|SF 536||Introduction to Computers with Programming in BASIC||47||4||CSA 1242||BASIC|
|SE 543||Introduction to Business||46||3||BUS 1100||Introduction to Business|
|SE 550||Personal Finance||59||3||BUS 1145||Personal Finance|
|SE 820||Technical Writing||47||3||ENG 1203||Technical Communication|
|SE 474||Ethics in America (Essay Required)||67||3||PHI 1105||Ethics|
|SE 496||Introduction to World Religion||49||3||PHI 2105||Comparative Religion|
|*In addition to a minimum score of 47 on the multiple-choice test, an examinee must also receive a passing grade on the speech|
Certification tests including, but not limited to:
- Refrigeration Engineers and Technicians Association (RETA)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- National Registry of Food Safety Professional
- Nail Technician
- South Dakota Journeyman
- National Association of Home Inspectors
Scheduling is done directly through PSI. To schedule call PSI at 1-800-211-2754
Fees vary depending on exam type
Testing is also done for the general public. The following list includes, but is not limited to, the testing that is offered to the community. If you have questions concerning procedure or scheduling, contact the Testing Center.
- Boiler Exam - $70
- Dental Assistant - $20 each
- Radiography Exam
- Hazardous Materials/ Infection Control Exam
- Jurisprudence Exam
- Dental Hygiene - $20 each
- Jurisprudence Exam
- Dentist - $20 each
- Jurisprudence Exam
- Tanning Facility Operator Exam - $20 each
- Lead Inspector/ Risk Assessor Exam #1 - $75 each
- Lead Abatement Contractor Exam #1 - $75 each
- Proctor Services - $20
Pearson VUE Tests are scheduled by vue.com and are administered at the WITCC Testing Center. (Click here for a full list of available tests.)
Pearson VUE tests include, but are not limited to:
- Avaya Inc.
- Check Point
- Cisco Systems
- J.D. Edwards
- Lucent Tech
- Sair Linux and GNU
- Siebel Systems
For more questions concerning Pearson VUE Testing, visit www.vue.com or contact the Testing Center.