Proctoring for the following colleges in Iowa are done at no charge:
Eastern Iowa Community College
Iowa Lakes Community College
North Iowa Area Community College
Northwest Iowa Community College
Southeastern Community College
Southwestern Community College.
The Testing Center is a monitored, quiet and secure space for public and student testing.
Testing Centers are located at the Sioux City, Cherokee and Denison campuses. To use the Testing Center, please contact the specific location.
- Students must arrive 15 minutes prior to test-taking time in order to allow for seating and allow for enough time to take the exam. Students may be asked to sign an acknowledgement if they choose to begin a test with less than the allotted time to complete the exam.
- All exams are collected 5 minutes prior to Test Center closing time, regardless of whether the exam is complete.
- Instructors must provide exams to the Testing Center.
- Testers must present a photo id to the test administrator in order to test. Otherwise, an instructor's verification of identity is needed.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Books, coats, backpacks, and other personal items must be stored in a test center locker.
- Cell phones must be powered down prior to being stored in a locker.
- All food, drink, and tobacco are prohibited in the testing room.
- Allowable materials in the testing room are those authorized by the instructor or test service.
- Talking must be reserved for outside the testing room. The testing room must be quiet at all times.
- Once a test is distributed, it will be considered complete upon its return to the test administrator.
- All scratch paper must be turned in to Testing Center staff.
Fully-online and out-of-town commuter students are permitted and encouraged to contact the Testing Center in advance to schedule an appointment for testing, as availability of open testing seats cannot be guaranteed on a walk-in basis.
If you have been directed by a WITCC Advisor to take the ALEKS math assessment, and you are unable to travel to WITCC to take your ALEKS Math assessment, you may arrange to have it taken in a location closer to you. In order to do this, you must complete the following:
- A complete application is required to Western Iowa Tech Community College before you may test. This can be done at https://www.witcc.edu/onestop/apply.cfm.
- Not all students are required to take the ALEKS assessment. Only students referred by a WITCC Advisor are approved to take the ALEKS math assessment. Visit with a WITCC Advisor if you believe you should be referred to the Testing Center to take the ALEKS assessment. You will be provided with a referral card that you must present to the WITCC Test Center staff prior to taking the assessment.
- Arrange to have your assessment supervised by an appropriate proctor. This person must meet the following criteria and agree to serve your examination. Most officials are willing to supervise examinations without a charge as a service to students in their area. Any examination fee, however, is your responsibility.
- Administrators of accredited post-secondary degree-granting institutions
- School superintendents or elementary or secondary school principals or guidance counselors in an educational setting
- Directors of public, school or college libraries
- For military personnel, an education officer or commanding officer
- Directors of educational services at correctional facilities
- The independent study office of any member institution of the University Continuing Education Association
- For those outside the US, a proctor whose position is equivalent to one of those listed above or an administrative official of a US Embassy or Consulate
- Fill out the form below. WITCC will then contact your proctor to verify information.
- You will need to schedule a time to test with your proctor.
- Allow at least one week between the time you find your proctor and submit the form until you schedule the test for all the paperwork to be complete and your proctor verified.
Certification tests including, but not limited to:
- Refrigeration Engineers and Technicians Association (RETA)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- National Registry of Food Safety Professional
- Nail Technician
- South Dakota Journeyman
- National Association of Home Inspectors
Scheduling is done directly through PSI. To schedule call PSI at 1-800-211-2754
Fees vary depending on exam type
Test Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
Pearson VUE Tests are scheduled by vue.com and are administered at the WITCC Testing Center. (Click here for a full list of available tests.)
Pearson VUE tests include, but are not limited to:
- Avaya Inc.
- Check Point
- Cisco Systems
- J.D. Edwards
- Lucent Tech
- Sair Linux and GNU
- Siebel Systems
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
For more questions concerning Pearson VUE Testing, visit www.vue.com or contact the Testing Center.