Tyson Events Center
401 Gordon Drive
Sioux City, Iowa
May 11, 2023
Family and Friends will enter through the Prime Bank Box office doors.
Graduates and Faculty will enter through the Longlines doors (to the East of the Prime Bank Box office doors)
Look for Western Iowa Tech Community College then click on WITCC Commencement (All Ceremonies) 05/11/2023
All students who anticipate graduating in May must apply for graduation by March 31, 2023 to receive their degree, diploma, or certificate. December 2022 graduates are invited to walk in the spring graduation ceremony on May 11, 2023.
- You must apply for graduation each semester you complete a credential even if you are continuing classes in future semesters.
- You must apply for graduation even if you do not intend to participate in the ceremony.
- Once you apply for graduation, the College will complete a degree audit to ensure you have met all graduation requirements.
- You will be notified ONLY if you have not met graduation requirements (required courses, total credit hours, and/or GPA requirement).
- Another degree audit will be conducted when final grades are submitted.
- For questions about your degree audit:
Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Health Programs Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Diploma and Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Sciences (AS) & Associate of General Studies (AGS)
Click for List
Career and Technical Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Diploma (Non-Health Programs)
Click for List
Apply for Graduation
If you have not applied for graduation you will need to contact:
Caps and Gowns
- If you missed the graduation cap and gown pick up days. Cap and gown will be available in Enrollment Services M-F 8:15am - 4:30pm until May 10, 2023.
- WIT does not charge for your cap, gown, and tassel. They are yours to keep.
- Pick up will be April 18 and April 19, 2023 from 10am - 3pm.
Sioux City pick up at the Dunker Student Center.
Denison and Cherokee students will pick up at the main desk on your campus.
Honor, Military, and PTK Cords
Recognition cords for honor students (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher) and military students will be distributed during cap and gown pick up on April 18 and April 19, 2023 between 10am and 3pm in the Robert E. Dunker Student Center.
Order your graduation announcements at the Bookstore or call 712.481.2255. Announcements are $1 each and must be paid for in the Bookstore when you order.
You can view your unofficial transcript at any time on MyWIT.
Log onto MyWIT > Academic Self Service > Unofficial Transcript
Official transcripts are printed on official transcript paper, signed by the WITCC registrar office, and sealed. There is a $5 charge per transcript. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically or by mail. Mail transcripts may take up to ten days. Order official transcript.
You have three processing options when ordering your official transcript:
- Send Now: transcript send immediately without pending grades or graduation.
- After Grades: transcript sent when the current semester's grades have been included.
- After Degree: transcript sent when your degree has been awarded.
Important Reminder: Per College policy -Students will not be granted a degree, diploma, certificate, final grade report, or official transcript until all outstanding accounts with the College have been paid in full.
Graduates can now receive an official digital version of your diploma through Parchment. Your paper diploma will still be mailed to you a few weeks after receiving your digital diploma.
- When your diploma is issued, you will receive a claim email and/or text from Parchment.
- Click on the green "Access Your Credential" button in the email or click on the link in text.
- Either sign in or create a new account.
- Verify your email address to be directed to the Parchment dashboard.
- Once in the dashboard, you can Share, Download, and Preview your diploma.
Streaming the Ceremony
Friends and family who want to watch the graduation ceremonies will be able to them view live on the college’s Facebook at facebook.com/WesternIowaTech and YouTube at youtube.com/wittv.
Download the Program
Reception for Diverse Graduates
Rocklin Conference Center
Friday, May 5, 2023
The evening reception will honor the achievements of our graduating WITCC students who identify with various cultural backgrounds and identities by highlighting and incorporating the uniqueness of our student body through celebrations and ceremony. We strongly encourage and support those attending, especially our students, to wear traditional regalia or clothing that is representative of their diversity and/or ancestral roots they'd like to honor, should they feel comfortable to do so.
This event will be open to all - families and public are welcome. If you are a graduating student interested in being part of this reception, please contact Associate Dean of Inclusion, Revathi R. Vongsiprasom, at 712.317.3369 by email at email@example.com. We cannot wait to celebrate you!