Welcome to Comet Project!
Let’s start with the heart of the Comet Project - education should make a difference. The Comet Project is not your typical general education course focused on lectures, essays and tests. In the Comet Project you learn by doing; where you actively engage in new ideas and issues in our community.
How Comet Project Works
- You and a team of fellow classmates select a societal issue that excites you, like the environment, homelessness, food insecurity, or mass incarceration.
- You and your team go out into the community and connect with businesses, non-profits, organizations, and other experts researching ways to address the issue.
- Working together, your team develops a project that helps address the societal problem.
- As you develop the project, you learn all the research, communication, and knowledge from the traditional classroom in a real-world setting.
Get More Than a Grade
- Apply your education by contributing to solutions for real-world problems and making the world a better place.
- Develop your communication, writing, research, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Earn credits for multiple classes in one setting. This Fall 2021, the Project will offer Composition I, Interpersonal Communication, Public Speaking, Human and Work Relations, and Intro to Ethics. You can take all five, just one, or any other combination of courses in the Comet Project at the same time (all these courses have a 401 section number).
- Challenge yourself by learning in new and engaging way.
- To learn how to participate in The Comet Project, contact faculty members Jennifer Hough at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chuck Polk at email@example.com.