We are so excited you enrolled at WITCC! New and returning college students have a lot to do to get ready for classes. We've made this helpful list to keep you organized.
Summer classes start May 24, second term starts June 7, and third term starts July 5.
Fall classes start August 23 for online classes and August 24 for in-person classes.
Log Into MyWIT
Check Student Email
Complete Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Financial Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), your path to thousands of dollars in financial aid to help you pay for college. View our tips for filling out the FAFSA or start your FAFSA application. The process takes 6-8 weeks. You will need WITCC Federal Student Code 004590.
Check Your Financial Aid Status
Once you have completed your FAFSA application, you may be selected for verification. That means additional information is needed in order to process your application. Check your Financial Aid status on MyWIT.
- Go to my.witcc.edu and log into MyWIT.
- Go to Finances and select Required Documents.
- Follow the instructions for supplying the documents needed.
Pay Your Bill
Pay your tuition bill online, in-person, over the phone, or by mail. Online payments and payment plans can be made on MyWIT in Finances. More information on payment options.
- Go to my.witcc.edu and log into MyWIT.
- Go to Finances and select Make Payment or Set Up Payment Plan.
View Books/Class Schedule
WITCC courses use a combination of physical textbooks/tools and digital materials. Your class schedule on MyWIT tells you what type of book you will need.
View your class schedule for information on where to get your books.
- Go to my.witcc.edu and log in to MyWIT.
- Select My Schedule.
- Select the term you wish to view.
- Click on the schedule.
- Book information is listed next to each course.
“Cengage Unlimited” and “Embedded Text” are downloaded on the first day of class. Physical books and other class materials can be purchased through the WITCC bookstore.
Use your class schedule to look up and purchase your textbooks on the bookstore website.
- Go to bookstore.witcc.edu.
- Select Buy Your Books > Please click here to order your textbooks.
- Select the semester, department and course number found on your schedule.
- Click on View Materials.
- Refer to the "Publisher" section:
Cengage or No Text Required:
Class uses digital content through Cengage Unlimited or Canvas. You will download these materials on the first day of class. Even if a cost is listed, you do not need to pay for the book. They are embedded in your online class. Get ready for downloading digital content by setting up your Cengage Unlimited.
If any other publisher is listed, you will need to purchase your textbook.
- Add book to Cart > Proceed to Checkout.
- You will need to create an account or log in to your account.
View Online Orientation
Online orientation is called Exploring the Comet Universe. This class provides important information and helpful tips for a successful school year. Orientation is a non-credit, non-graded course for which you will not be charged.
- Log into MyWIT at my.witcc.edu.
- My Course Work > Canvas > Exploring the Comet Universe > Modules > First Year Student Information
Renew/Create Cengage Unlimited Account
Renew your account each semester or create your Cengage Unlimited account in online orientation, “Exploring the Comet Universe.” Create your account before classes start. However, digital books will be downloaded on the first day of class.
- First, download the Chrome browser on your laptop in order to use Cengage Unlimited.
- Log in to MyWIT at my.witcc.edu.
- My Course Work > Canvas > Exploring the Comet Universe > Modules > Cengage Unlimited Dashboard > Load Cengage Unlimited
- Follow the directions on creating or reactivating your account. You must use your MyWIT student email.
- You will receive a Welcome to Cengage email. Select Activate Your Account to complete the registration process. Use the same device as when you created your account.
- Log into Cengage on the first day of class to download your books.
Need help setting up your account? Stop by the Comet Learning Center at the Sioux City campus, or at the front desk at the Denison and Cherokee campuses for assistance.
Access Online Courses
Online classes are available on MyWIT through a delivery system called Canvas. You will be able to open and view your online class on the first day of school.
MyWIT > My Course Work > Canvas
You will be on your online homepage dashboard. View the Canvas Overview for Students video.
WITCC and Wayfinding App
Download our free mobile apps from the App Store or Google Play.
Access your student ID, email, grades, financial aid info, and more. Search for "Western Iowa Tech CC."
Enter wit + seven-digit student ID number + @witcc
Note: Student ID number can be found in your college acceptance letter.
First initial capitalized + last initial lowercase + eight-digit birthdate + witcc
Navigate campus from your phone. Download the app, select the room number you are looking for, receive step-by-step instructions, and see your navigation in real time on the map. Search for "Western Iowa Tech Wayfinding."
Laptops for new students are available for pick-up in Room A230. Take your laptop to the Comet Learning Center (CLC) located in the library to have your laptop set up and downloaded with the correct programs.
Summer classes pick up starting May 17.
Cherokee and Denison
Pick up starting on May 17, by appointment. Contact the front desk.
WITCC photo IDs are no extra charge and can be made in Room A208 in Sioux City. Denison and Cherokee students see the front desk.