This certificate prepares you to rebuild manual and automatic transmissions. Upon completion of the certificate, you will be prepared to complete fundamental tasks related to transmission repairs and replacements.
All Auto Technology students are required to have their own personal tool set to use for classroom/lab projects. You will be in the lab and working the first day of class and tools are required. View the Tools and Purchasing Procedures
Repair automobiles, trucks, buses, and other vehicles. Master mechanics repair virtually any part on the vehicle or specialize in the transmission system.
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Motorcycle Mechanics
- Automotive Master Mechanics
- Automotive Specialty Technicians
- Tire Repairers and Changers
- Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians