This Social Work transfer major provides education and training that promotes social and economic justice and strengthens individual, family, and community well-being.  The generalist curriculum consists of courses in social work practice including human behavior and social environment, psychopathology and addiction, social welfare policy and services, and diversity, privilege and oppression.  Most Social Work Associate Degree graduates transfer to a four-year university to complete a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW).  Several well-established articulation/transfer agreements through which students can complete their BSW degree are available. Because Social Work is a licensed profession, jobs are plentiful. Most graduates are employed in a variety of settings including welfare agencies, schools, hospitals, clinics, mental health institutions, community centers, public health, corrections, and group homes.

Apply Now Visit Register

Transfer to a Four-Year School

If a bachelor's degree is your educational goal, getting a head start on your major has never been easier. You can apply the credits from this associate degree toward a bachelor's degree at a four-year college and university. To make the most of your time and money, tell your advisor about your transfer plans early in the admissions process.

Four-Year College Agreements

2 + 2 Transfer Agreements