Tyson Events Center
Sioux City, Iowa
May 12, 2022
Graduation candidates should arrive at the Tyson Events Center one hour prior to the ceremony in which they are participating.
There is no rehearsal, but it is important to arrive approximately one hour prior to the ceremony for timely line-up.
All students who anticipate graduating in May must apply for graduation by April 22, 2022 to receive their degree, diploma, or certificate. December 2021 graduates are invited to walk in the spring graduation ceremony on May 12, 2022.
- You must apply for graduation each semester you complete a credential even if you are continuing classes in future semesters.
- You must apply for graduation even if you do not intend to participate in the ceremony.
- Once you apply for graduation, the College will complete a degree audit to ensure you have met all graduation requirements.
- You will be notified ONLY if you have not met graduation requirements (required courses, total credit hours, and/or GPA requirement).
- Another degree audit will be conducted when final grades are submitted.
- For questions about your degree audit, contact Lora Vander Zwaag in Enrollment Services at 712.317.3284.
Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Health Programs Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Diploma and Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Sciences (AS) & Associate of General Studies (AGS)
Click for List
Career and Technical Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and Diploma (Non-Health Programs)
Click for List
Attending the Ceremony
Western Iowa Tech Community College doesn’t require our graduates, families, or guests to purchase or have tickets to attend the graduation ceremony. Tyson Events Center is a first come first serve free parking and seating for all guest who attend. Graduates are not limited to the number of friends and family they invite to help them celebrate their achievement.
Ceremony Photos is pleased to provide this complimentary service to each graduate who crosses the stage during the commencement ceremony.
Please visit www.ceremonyphotos.com/events-proofs to view the commencement photographs. All ceremony participants will receive an email and link to view their proofs taken during the commencement ceremony and events. There is no obligation to purchase.
Any questions about commencement photography can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Graduation
The online Application for Graduation must be completed by April 22, 2022 for May 2022 graduation.
- Log on to MyWIT at my.witcc.edu
- Academics Self Service > Graduation Application > Apply
- Fill out the required information and submit.
- You will see Confirmation and Receive an Email.
- Click on Back to Degree Process to verify your application is complete.
Honor, Military, and PTK Cords
Recognition cords for honor students (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher) and military students will be distributed during cap and gown pick up on Tuesday, April 12, 2022 and Wednesday, April 13, 2022 between 10am and 3pm in the Robert E. Dunker Student Center.
Diplomas and Transcripts
The college will mail your diploma, diploma cover, graduation program, and updated unofficial transcript 6-8 weeks after the ceremony. You can view your unofficial transcript at any time on MyWIT.
Log onto MyWIT > Academic Self Service > Unofficial Transcript
Official transcripts are printed on official transcript paper, signed by the WITCC registrar office, and sealed. There is a $5 charge per transcript. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically or by mail. Mail transcripts may take up to ten days. Order official transcript.
You have three processing options when ordering your official transcript:
- Send Now: transcript send immediately without pending grades or graduation.
- After Grades: transcript sent when the current semester's grades have been included.
- After Degree: transcript sent when your degree has been awarded.
Important Reminder: Per College policy -Students will not be granted a degree, diploma, certificate, final grade report, or official transcript until all outstanding accounts with the College have been paid in full.
Official photography will be taken at Graduation for marketing and promotional purposes. If you do not want your photograph taken, please contact email@example.com.