In-Person at the Tyson Event Center
May 13, 2021
Western Iowa Tech Community College is excited to announce the spring graduation ceremony will be held live and in-person on May 13 at the Tyson Event Center. To keep students and families safe, masks are required.
Nursing Pinning Ceremony at 12pm
Health Sciences Ceremony at 2pm - programs included
Career and Technical Ceremony at 4pm - programs included
Arts and Sciences, Gateway to College, HSED Ceremony at 6pm - programs included
Download/View the Graduation Program
- Arrive 30-45 minutes prior to your ceremony. The ceremony will begin promptly at the designated time. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Arrive wearing your graduation regalia: cap, tassel, gown, graduation masks, and cords.
- Guests enter at the Tyson Box Office entrance.
- Graduates will enter at the Tyson Events Center main entrance. Upon entering, turn right, pass through security, and follow signage to the card table.
- Find your card that lists your name, program, and number.
- Locate your place in line by following your card's color and number. You will line up in numerical order.
Who is Being Recognized
Students who are graduating or have graduated with an associate degree, diploma, certificate or high school equivalency degree from a credit program, HSED, or Gateway to College in Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 are invited to participate in the ceremony. Contact Michelle Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot in the ceremony.
News and Events
Recognition cords for honor students (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher) and military students will be distributed at Cap and Gown pick up on April 20 and 21 from 10am to 3pm at the Sioux City Campus (Dr. Robert E. Dunker Student Center) and Denison and Cherokee (front desk).
Members of Phi Theta Kappa can order PTK cords through the PTK website.
The college will mail your diploma, diploma cover, graduation program, and updated unofficial transcript 6-8 weeks after the ceremony.
Official transcripts are printed on letterhead, signed by the WITCC registrar office, and sealed. There is a $5 charge per transcript. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically or by mail. Mail transcripts may take up to ten days. You have three processing options:
- Send Now: transcript send immediately without pending grades or graduation.
- After Grades: transcript sent when the current semester's grades have been included.
- After Degree: transcript sent when your degree has been awarded.
You will receive an updated unofficial transcript in your graduation keepsake box six to eight weeks after graduation. You can view your unofficial transcript at any time on MyWIT.
- Log onto MyWIT > Academic Self Service > Unofficial Transcript
Your grad worked hard! Send them a special message by submitting a video, photo, or message. All submissions will be broadcasted after the ceremony in a special compilation video. Deadline is May 5 at midnight. Sorry, late submissions cannot be accepted.
For the best video, follow these suggestions:
- Keep your video under 10 seconds
- All submissions will be reviewed and approved by WITCC.