In-Person at the Tyson Event Center
May 13, 2021
Western Iowa Tech Community College is excited to announce the spring graduation ceremony will be held live and in-person on May 13th at the Tyson Event Center. To keep students and families safe, the college has established several safety measures.
- Holding three small ceremonies instead of one large ceremony.
- Requiring masks for all.
- Requesting families sit together and distance from other groups.
- Providing ample time between ceremonies to avoid large crowds.
- Having separate entrances and exits to avoid long lines.
Nursing Pinning Ceremony at 12pm
Health Sciences Ceremony at 2pm - programs included
Career and Technical Ceremony at 4pm - programs included
Arts and Sciences, Gateway to College, HSED Ceremony at 6pm - programs included
Who is Being Recognized
Students who are graduating or have graduated with an associate degree, diploma, certificate or high school equivalency degree from a credit program, HSED, or Gateway to College in Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 are invited to participate in the ceremony.
- Students intending to graduate in Spring 2021 must apply for graduation by April 9.
- Students who have previously graduated are welcome to participate in the May 13th. Contact Michelle Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9 to reserve your spot in graduation and order your gown. You do not need to reapply for graduation.
To be eligible for graduation, students must complete the Application for Graduation in MyWIT by April 9th.
- You must apply for graduation whether you intend to participate in the ceremony or not.
- Once you apply for graduation, the College will complete a degree audit to ensure you have met the requirements to graduate.
- You will be notified ONLY if you do not have the required courses, number of credits, or GPA needed for graduation.
- A preliminary degree audit will be conducted after you apply for graduation.
- After final grades are submitted, another degree audit will be done to confirm your eligibility for graduation and honors.
Apply for Graduation (you will need to log into MyWIT).
Students graduating in spring 2021 must order caps and gowns by March 31 using the link below. Students who graduated in Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 need to order a cap and gown by emailing Michelle Wallace at email@example.com by March 31. Orders will be delivered to all WITCC campuses. Cap and Gown pick up will be held on April 20 and 21 from 10am to 3pm at the Sioux City Campus (Dr. Robert E. Dunker Student Center) and Denison and Cherokee (front desk).
News and Events
Recognition cords for honor students (cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher) and military students will be distributed at Cap and Gown pick up on April 20 and 21 from 10am to 3pm at the Sioux City Campus (Dr. Robert E. Dunker Student Center) and Denison and Cherokee (front desk).
Members of Phi Theta Kappa can order PTK cords through the PTK website.
The college will mail your diploma, diploma cover, graduation program, and updated unofficial transcript 6-8 weeks after the ceremony.
Official transcripts are printed on letterhead, signed by the WITCC registrar office, and sealed. There is a $5 charge per transcript. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically or by mail. Mail transcripts may take up to ten days. You have three processing options:
- Send Now: transcript send immediately without pending grades or graduation.
- After Grades: transcript sent when the current semester's grades have been included.
- After Degree: transcript sent when your degree has been awarded.
You will receive an updated unofficial transcript in your graduation keepsake box six to eight weeks after graduation. You can view your unofficial transcript at any time on MyWIT.
- Log onto MyWIT > Academic Self Service > Unofficial Transcript
Your grad worked hard! Send them a special message by submitting a video, photo, or message. All submissions will be broadcasted after the ceremony in a special compilation video. Deadline is May 5 at midnight. Sorry, late submissions cannot be accepted.
For the best video, follow these suggestions:
- Keep your video under 10 seconds
- All submissions will be reviewed and approved by WITCC.