Each student graduating with an associate degree, diploma or high school equivalency degree will be announced during the ceremony. Students graduating with a diploma or degree from a credit program, HSED, or Gateway to College in the spring or summer of 2021 will be recognized during the Virtual Spring Graduation Ceremony.
To be eligible for graduation, students must complete the Application for Graduation in MyWIT by April 9th.
- You must apply for graduation whether you intend to participate in the ceremony or not.
- Once you apply for graduation, the College will complete a degree audit to ensure you have met the requirements to graduate.
- You will be notified ONLY if you do not have the required courses, number of credits, or GPA needed for graduation.
- A preliminary degree audit will be conducted after you apply for graduation.
- After final grades are submitted, another degree audit will be done to confirm your eligibility for graduation and honors.
- For questions about your degree audit, contact Lora Vander Zwaag in Enrollment Services at 712.274.8733 ext. 1353.
Apply for Graduation (you will need to log into MyWIT).
Each student graduating with a diploma or degree from a credit program, HSED, or Gateway to College will be announced during the ceremony. You can submit your photo to display when you name is announced. Photo submission is May 5 at midnight. Sorry, late submissions cannot be accepted.
- Photos will be reviewed and approved by WITCC.
- All photos will automatically be cropped to square and centered.
- Snapchat filters are not recommended.
- Photo must include the graduate only.
- Photo must be a jpg or jpeg file.
News and Events
May 13 at Noon in Sioux City
Cherokee and Denison dates TBD
Celebrate your success (social distance style) at Grads on Wheels, our new-this-year graduation parade. Drive the parade route through the WITCC campuses for photo ops, graduation cap pick-up, yard signs pick-up, graduation night swag bag, and lots of confetti.
All graduating students will receive a graduation cap and tassel at no cost. Caps and tassels can be picked up at Grads on Wheels on May 13. If you are not able to attend the parade, caps and tassels will be included in your graduation keepsake box and be mailed to you 6-8 weeks after graduation.
The college will mail your diploma, diploma cover, graduation program, graduation cap, tassel, and updated unofficial transcript 6-8 weeks after the ceremony. This package will also include honors cords (need cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher) and military cords.
Members of Phi Theta Kappa can order PTK cords through the PTK website.
Official transcripts are printed on letterhead, signed by the WITCC registrar office, and sealed. There is a $5 charge per transcript. Official transcripts can be delivered electronically or by mail. Mail transcripts may take up to 10 days. You have three processing options:
Send Now: transcript send immediately without pending grades or graduation. After Grades: transcript sent when the current semester's grades have been included. After Degree: transcript sent when your degree has been awarded.
You will receive an updated unofficial transcript in your graduation keepsake box six to eight weeks after graduation. You can view your unofficial transcript at any time on MyWIT.
- Log onto MyWIT > Academic Self Service > Unofficial Transcript
Family and Friends
Your grad worked hard! Send them a special message by submitting a video, photo, or message. All submissions will be broadcasted after the ceremony in a special compilation video. Deadline is May 5 at midnight. Sorry, late submissions cannot be accepted.
For the best video, follow these suggestions:
- Keep your video under 10 seconds
- All submissions will be reviewed and approved by WITCC.