Once you have submitted an application to WITCC and registered in an eligible program, you can apply for financial aid. There are several categories of aid so you'll want to be sure to apply for everything you are eligible for to get what you need to attend WITCC.

  1. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) any time after October 1 for classes starting the following fall semester. WITCC's Federal School Code is 004590.
  2. Scholarships are available due to the generous gifts of individuals, foundations, organizations and businesses. Once you have your MyWIT account information, you can log in at my.witcc.edu and apply for a scholarship. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us.
  3. Work study is another way to receive financial aid. There are a number of work study jobs in the college available to students. They vary in duties and responsibilities and are flexible to work with your class schedule. The number of hours you can work will depend on your eligibility, so contact the financial aid office for more information.

NOTE: Financial aid disbursements are handled through our partner company, BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoicessso/.

To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.

Federal Programs

Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for the following Federal Aid programs. All students are encouraged to apply.

  • Federal Pell Grants amounts depend on student eligibility, enrollment status and federal funding. This grant does not need to be repaid.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are awarded to students showing exceptional financial need. The amount of the grant will vary depending on student eligibility, enrollment status and federal funding.
  • William D. Ford Federal Direct Student Loans are available to students who complete the FAFSA and enroll at least half-time (6 credit hours per semester). See Award Letter Information tab for details
  • The Federal Work-Study Program is a part-time job that is funded through the Federal Work-Study Programs. Eligibility is based on financial need. Students eligible for this program are paid monthly by check on same pay cycle as the college employees. Check my.witcc.edu for details and job openings.

State Programs

  • Apply for other Iowa grants and scholarships by completing the Iowa Common Application. Note Specific Program Deadlines. For information on State of Iowa aid, refer to the Iowa College Aid website for details.
  • If you don't live in Iowa, you may still be eligible for assistance from your home state. Check with your state agency, or contact the financial aid office for assistance.

WITCC Scholarships

Visit our Scholarships page to view a list of our current scholarships.

Military Benefits

Qualifying veterans with 12 semester hours or more in designated programs are eligible for full benefits from the Veterans' Administration. Six semester hours qualify you for half-time benefits and nine semester hours qualify you for three-fourths benefits. Contact the Admissions Office to apply. Contact the Veterans' Advisor for current regulations and benefit information.

Current Guard and Reserve members also qualify for education benefits. These benefits may vary for each state and branch. Please contact the education office for your unit to get information.

Private Loans

Private student loans (also called alternative loans) are offered by outside lenders and are not affiliated with the U.S. Department of Education or WITCC. WITCC requires students to use all Federal Grant and Direct Loan options before considering a private student loan. WITCC does not offer a preferred lender list and it is the student's responsibility to find a lender of their choice. WITCC does not recommend private loans when federal aid options are available.